Jahiem's blog

Welcome ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Homework task 3- ‘here’ video

| 0 comments

For this task, we were challenged to take 15 1 second videos with the theme ‘here’, and put them together into one 15 second videos. The theme could be interpreted in whatever way we wanted to interpret it, we just had to explain how it linked to the theme of ‘here’.

This was the first video i made. I went around the area i lived in, and took some short videos. I was unhappy with this video, because again, i feel like i took the task too literally; i just interpreted ‘here’ as an area i see often, and the end result was a little mundane. I wanted to create something with a more personal feeling; something that would reflect my day to day life, and set it apart from other peoples. So, i re-did the video;

I like this video a lot. I wanted to interpret the theme of ‘here’ as a day in my life; something from my perspective that only i experience; to achieve this, i looked for videos that best represented my relationships with who was in them, and videos that i personally was fond of. I think this video communicates the way i feel about everyone in it to the audience, and it has a bit of my personality in it too. I want to work hard to keep on creating more personal and engaging pieces like this, that have some of my own experience and personality behind them.