Jahiem's blog

Welcome ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Homework task 2- drawing 6 important people

| 0 comments

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is huhu.png

For my second homework task, i had to either draw or take pictures of 6 people who meant a lot to me, and i chose to draw my 6 family members.

I’m a bit regretful of how i carried out this task, even though i like how it looks. Firstly i didn’t put much thought into who i was drawing; my family do mean a lot to me, but i wish i would’ve thought a bit harder and drawn people that are important to me for a variety of different reasons, whether that was friends, family or people i don’t know, like celebrities or animators i look up to. I think this would’ve made the assignment more interesting, because it would’ve challenged me to think carefully about which 6 people i would choose and why, and i could’ve possibly learned something new about my connections to others.

The second regret i have is that the drawing is so straight forward. Aesthetically it’s nice to look at, but i didn’t challenge myself much to express my connections with the 6 people through my drawing, and the audience isn’t really challenged to look for meanings and explanations behind the drawing. everything is quite face value.

Finally, i didn’t experiment much artistically with the piece. I think using different styles and mediums could’ve brought out different things in each of the drawings, and they could’ve communicated how i feel about each person better to the audience.

In the future i’ll try to come up with ways in which i can create more thought provoking pieces, and ways i can challenge both myself and the people who are viewing my work. I want to become an artist who doesn’t just think about aesthetics, but meanings and reasoning behind my art.